- The String Cheese Incident to perform 3-night stand as part of 2011 Chicago Bluegrass & Blues Festival!
- 45 Bands and 4 Weeks Later, Aetiology and the Corn Desert Ramblers Added to CBB Fest w/ Edward Sharpe, Grace Potter, Honeyboy Edwards
- Who Will Be the Last Banjo Standing? Battle of The Band Winners to Grace Chicago Bluegrass & Blues Festival Stage w/ Edward and Grace
- Submissions Now Being Taken for Opportunity to Play Alongside Edward Sharpe & Grace Potter at CBB Fest!
- High-Energy Performancy by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros on Letterman!
Category Archives: Contest Updates
45 Bands and 4 Weeks Later, Aetiology and the Corn Desert Ramblers Added to CBB Fest w/ Edward Sharpe, Grace Potter, Honeyboy Edwards
Last Saturday, the Chicago Bluegrass and Blues Festival asked five of the top ten vote-getting bands in their annual Last Banjo Standing competition to prove their worth. And when it comes to one of the most subjective things one can … Continue reading
Who Will Be the Last Banjo Standing? Battle of The Band Winners to Grace Chicago Bluegrass & Blues Festival Stage w/ Edward and Grace
This Saturday, Chicago Bluegrass & Blues Festival organizers, along with your help, will choose two talented bands to win a spot at the main event on 12/4 at the Congress Theater. Now in its third year, the annual indoor music … Continue reading
Dark and eerie, with plumes of smoke lingering on the floor to mask the mass amounts of dancing feet that filled up Smart Bar for their weekly Dubstep/heavy Bass Thursday lineup the Chicago underground music scene has grown to know … Continue reading
Last Banjo Standing Too Close To Call: Both Sexfist and Great Divide to Appear with Bela Fleck, Dr. Dog, Emmitt-Nershi Band on Chicago Bluegrass & Blues Fest Main Stage
November 16, 2009. Chicago, IL. The Chicago Bluegrass and Blues Festival’s Last Banjo Standing tallied over 20,000 votes from Midwest music fans in the last month, yet a mere 7 votes separated 1st and 2nd place when voting ended at … Continue reading
An Eclectic Array of Nationally Established Artists Face-off Against a Host of Chicago’s Homegrown Songsters for Spot on Festival Main Stage
LAST BANJO STANDING CONTEST HEATING UP AS CHICAGO COOLS DOWN: WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED THIS WEEK Chicago, IL – October 13, 2008. The 2008 Chicago Blues and Bluegrass Festival’s LAST BANJO STANDING CONTEST is in full swing, with over 75 … Continue reading